Part #: MET-HRC15
MET-Mini Ultrasonic Portable Hardness Testers
Manufacturer: Phase II+
Range/Size: See specifications below
MET-HRC15 MET-Mini Ultrasonic Portable Hardness Tester - Rockwell C with 15N Force
Non-Destructive Portable Hardness Testing!
The new PHASE II MET-HRC15 miniature ultrasonic portable hardness tester is capable of measuring the surface hardness of a broad variety of metals on flat, round, thin or large surfaces. Accurate measurements of steel, cast steel, alloy steel and aluminum, are easily attained with these mini, ultrasonic portable hardness testers.
The MET-HRC, MET-HB & HV meet ASTM A1038-10 specifications.
To see a video on the operation of the MET-HRC15 MET-Mini Portable Hardness Tester: Click Here
"Ultrasonic Contact Impedance" portable hardness testing is based on a 136 degree diamond at the end of a vibrating rod being depressed into the test surface at a fixed load. The difference in Ultrasonic vibration frequency is then calculated into a hardness value. The UCI test procedure is slower than the Dynamic Impact style, however the "UCI" method of portable hardness testing is portable, easy and accurate. It also has its own advantages when utilized for certain testing applications. UCI portable hardness testers are not restricted to large mass items like dynamic type portable hardness testers. These units can test metals as thin as 1mm and at a hardness value as low as 20HRC (75HB). They also excel at performing portable hardness tests on larger, harder metals as well. Another reason for the rise in popularity is due to the fact that the UCI method is categorized as "Non-Destructive". That translates into less scrap parts/ lower mfg costs due to necessary inspections.
Model Scale Pressure Force Measurement Range MET-HRC15 Rockwell C 15N (1.5 kgf) 20-70 HRC MET-HRC50 Rockwell C 50N (5 kgf) 20-70 HRC MET-HB50 Brinell 50N (5 kgf) 75-650 HB
- Base Instrument
- Calibrated Test Blocks
- Custom Carry Case
- Battery Charger
- Operation Manual
- Easy To Read Menu Operation
- Large LCD Display w/ Back Light
- USB Interface
- Automatic Mean Value
- Data Archive Capacity
- Tolerance +/- 3.0% deviation of average from the reference value of the test block with a minimum of 5 tests
- Minimum Thickness of sample: .040"
- Materials: steel & cast steel, alloy tool steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass, bronze, wrought copper alloy.
- Battery type: 1-AA NiMH Re-Chargeable
- Operating temperature: 5-104 degrees F
- Weight: 650g
Technical Data for MET-MINI
- Dimensions(mm): 70 x 50 x 82
- Transducer Test Life: (approx) 200,000
- Min. Thickness for test: 1mm
- Min. Radius for Test: 5mm
- Max Roughness of surface: Ra 2.5"m/4.5 "m(MET-HRC50)
- Max Archive: 100 Tests
- Time of Test: 2 sec.
Below is a list of all the Phase II Portable Hardness Testers :
- MET-U1A Ultrasonic Portable Hardness Tester – 15N Force
- MET-U1A50 Ultrasonic Portable Hardness Tester – 50N Force
- MET-HRC15 MET-Mini Ultrasonic Portable Hardness Tester – HRC with 15N Force
- MET-HRC50 MET-Mini Ultrasonic Portable Hardness Tester – HRC with 50N Force
- MET-HB50 MET-Mini Ultrasonic Portable Hardness Tester – Brinell with 50N Force
- MET-HV15 MET-Mini Ultrasonic Portable Hardness Tester – Vickers with 15N Force
- PHT-1700 Economy Portable Hardness Tester
- PHT-1740 New Gear Tooth Portable Hardness Tester
- PHT-1750 Portable Hardness Tester for Rough Parts/Cast Parts
- PHT-1800 Portable Hardness Tester with USB Output
- PHT-1840 Gear Tooth Portable Hardness Tester
- PHT-1850 Portable Hardness Tester for Rough Parts
- PHT-2500D Portable Hardness Tester
- PHT-3000 Digital PDA Style Portable Hardness Tester with Infrared Printer
- PHT-3300 Integrated Portable Hardness Tester
- PHT-3500 Portable Hardness Tester with Printer