Part #: 724LZ-24
Tubular Bow Type Micrometer # 724LZ-24
These micrometers are made for better precision measurement of LARGE outside dimensions. They provide perfect balance, sensitive feel, ease of handling, and less measuring effort due to their advanced tubular design. Frames are built of special steel formed to exacting tubular design specifications and welded by a carefully controlled process. This produces a hollow tubular frame of the lightest weight, extreme rigidity, and standard coefficient of expansion.
Because of the interchangeable anvils, the 724 Series is well suited for diversified gaging and provides a wide range of measurement in steps of 1 inch or 25mm.
The micrometer head is large and well balanced with .300" (7.6mm) diameter anvil and spindle and with larger bearing surfaces on the threads.
- Starrett satin chrome finish – no glare – resists rust
- Advanced sleeve design with staggered lines and distinct figures for precise and easy readability
- Large thimble diameter with distinct figures
- Balanced frame and thimble design for easy handling and better readability
- Ring-type knurled lock nut for quick and sure locking
Accuracy and Long-Life Features:
- Hollow tubular frame design combining lightest possible weight with rigidity
- Extremely hard and stable one-piece spindle (the heart of our accuracy)
- Interchangeable anvils for diversified gaging
- Standards with insulated grips
- Micro-lapped measuring faces
- Quick and easy sleeve adjustment
- It is recommended that these micrometers be checked with standards in the approximate position (vertical or horizontal) that they will be used.