MET-U1A50 Ultrasonic Portable Hardness Tester
Unlike most portable hardness testers, the Phase II MET-U1A50 is IP66 protected:
- Totally dust protected
- Protection against string water jets and waves
Non-Destructive Hardness Testing!
The PHASE II ultrasonic portable hardness testers are capable of measuring the surface hardness of a broad variety of metals on flat, round, thin or large surfaces. Unlike the standard Dynamic hardness testers, these “state-of-the-art” portable hardness testers incorporate “Ultrasonic UCI” technology, which enables the hardness testing of very thin and small work pieces, which otherwise could not be tested accurately using a portable device. Non-destructive in it’s function, these hardness testers allow for the testing of highly sensitive or finished parts that previously could not be tested in an operational setting. The non-destructive (ndt) feature of these hardness testers allow the operator to accurately test parts without causing physical or structural damage that would normally lead to disposal or refinish of operators part. That translates into less scrap parts/ lower mfg costs due to necessary inspections.
PHASE II offers two models of ultrasonic hardness testers that are capable of measuring the surface hardness of a broad variety of metals on flat, round, thin or large surfaces. Accurate measurements of steel, cast steel, alloy steel, aluminum, brass, bronze and copper are easily attained with this compact instrument.
The MET-U1A50 meets ASTM A1038-10 specifications.
To see a video on the operation of the Phase II MET-U1A50 Ultrasonic Portable Hardness Tester: Click Here
UCI Portable Hardness Testing Method: Model No€s. MET-U1A and MET-U1A50
Ultrasonic Contact Impedance is a hardness testing method based on the measurement of the frequency shift of a resonating rod caused by the essentially elastic nature of the finite area of contact between the indenter and the test piece during the penetration. Described as a hardness testing practice using a calibrated instrument by pressing a resonating rod with a Vickers style Diamond indenter with a fixed force against the surface of the part to be tested.
Pre-Programmed Scales/Material: Other combinations can be added upon request
MET-U1A & MET-U1A50 Hardness TesterStandard Accessories:
- Base Instrument
- 15N (1.5kgf) Hand-Held Probe (MET-U1A)
- 50N (5kgf) Hand-Held Probe (MET-U1A50)
- Calibrated Test Blocks (2pc)
- Custom Carry Case
- Battery Charger
- Operation Manual
- Easy To Read Menu Operation
- Large LCD Display w/ Back Light
- USB Interface
- Automatic Reading to All scales including Brinell, Rockwell, Superficial Rockwell & Vickers
- Automatic Mean Value
- Data Archive Capacity
- Tolerance +/- 3.0% deviation of average from the reference value of the test block with a minimum of 5 tests
- Minimum Thickness of sample(MET-U1A) .040″ (1mm)
- Materials: steel & cast steel, alloy tool steel, stainless steel, aluminum, brass, bronze, wrought copper alloy.
- Battery type: 4-AA NiMH Re-Chargeable
- Operating temperature: 5-104 degrees F
- Dimensions: 180 x 80 x 43mm (HxWxD)
- Weight: 720g (1.10lbs) w/probe
Optional support stand is available upon request
Technical Data for MET U1A/U1A50
|Transducer Test Life (approx)
|Minimum Thickness for Test
|Minimum Radius for Test
|Maximum Roughness of Surface (MET-U1A)
|Maximum Roughness of Surface (MET-U1A50)
|Time of Test